Learn more at BalancingbyDesign.com.
1. Diaper Cream Applicator (the butt spatula): works to make it so you don’t have to ruin a manicure, don’t add more germs to your baby’s bum, and can get a solid, even amount of cream on baby’s bum after any diaper change. A game changer during teething poos and during hot summer humid months here in Austin. Comes in a regular or travel size with a carry case so you can take it on the go!
2. Baby Jogger Infant Car Seat (how I travel with baby by myself or go to target with my friends when hubs has the SUV): it comes with a base but can also strap into a car without a base in 5 seconds. Holds up to 30lbs and 30inches so our nugget at 14 months still fits in it for travel!
3. Iplay Baby Swimsuit with a Built-in Diaper (the easiest way to change a diaper with a toddler at the pool or beach): I really struggled with taking Addie to the pool with a million swim diapers that barely held anything in; so when I found this swim suit with a built in diaper, that is super absorbent, cute and PULLS on with sizes 0-24 months, I went for it. It took the stress out of going to splash pads around town after work together!
4. Tegu Magnetic Blocks (how I keep my child quietly entertained with minimal clean up when she’s sick at home but I still have conference calls): these come with a travel case and are magnetic so you just bend down one time and they all click together. They come in lots of colors and great for traveling but also great sensory toys that entertain the kids. Who doesn’t think magnets are cool?
5. Nuby Sticky Tray and Tommie Tippee Pocket Bib (how I reduce clean up while my toddler throws food everywhere at 6am and I’m trying to get out the door to work): so I had to figure out a fast routine for getting us both out of the door to daycare and/or to an office and found that these trays and bibs are a magic trick. The bibs catch so much food and can be thrown into the dishwasher and sized from 0-24 months. Sometimes Addie digs into her bib for a second helping, too! The tray sticks to the table so she cannot rip it off and throw her full meal on the ground and it also is dishwasher safe. They both come in lots of fun colors as well. Makes breakfast as simple as I could hope for!
6. Fawn Design Diaper Bag (a bag that makes being a momma look fashionable): I struggled for a long time to find a diaper bag that was big enough to carry what I needed, small enough to not be too hefty, and cute enough for me to feel somewhat put together when picking my kiddo up from daycare in a suit. This leather diaper bag is a god-send. It has six pockets, can be a saddle bag or backpack, and is simply adorable. I could use it as a backpack for myself I love it so much. I even found a matching one for when Addie is older!
7. Munchkin Snack holder (how to avoid unnecessary snackage clean ups): these snack holders let a baby or toddler stick their hands into them and grab small snacks while also preventing any small snacks from falling out! They keep my kiddo happy, my floors clean and are a win for us all
8. Baby Jogger City Tour Stroller (how I go on work trips, and fit my stroller above my seat with one hand): my husband travels for work every week, but I travel for work sometimes, too. We’ve had to get a little creative with what to do when we’re both on the road. Flying our parents to us just isn’t always practical so sometimes when I am going places close to my family, I pack up the baby and my family meets us at the airport. Addie gets a couple days with her grandparents and I get some business meeting done. It’s not ideal, I know, but it works for now. This stroller weighs ~14lbs, folds one-handed width wise so it can fit into the compartment above my seat, or in front of my seat. I can also use the belly bar as a hack to put the car seat on it so I can bring everything I need and push the baby through the airport. Finally, I got the cup holders so I can carry her, my breakfast tacos, and my coffee thru the airport for 5am flights safely. Dream.come.true.