AUSTIN (KXAN) — A local organization is hosting lawmakers, local officials and gun control advocates for a rally at the Texas Capitol on Saturday to honor lives lost to gun violence and to “demand common-sense gun reform,” according to a press release.
The Texas chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America will gather after the latest mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, Ohio where 31 people died and many more were injured.
A release from the organization said, “This is a public health crisis that demands urgent action.”
Special guests at the rally include:
- United States Rep. Lloyd Doggett
- Texas Sen. Jose Rodriguez
- Austin Mayor Steve Adler
- Debbie Weir, Senior Managing Director of Everytown for Gun Safety & Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
- Parisa Mahmoud, Student Leader of March For Our Lives
- Diana Earl, Everytown Survivor Fellow & Texas Survivor Leader of Moms Demand Action