BookWoman began 45 years ago in an upstairs shop on Guadalupe.
It started out as a collective called The Common Woman Bookstore (based on the Judy Grahn poem.) From there, the store moved into Susan Post’s house at the time, and the collective eventually dissolved.
The store took on the name BookWoman and moved to 6th Street. After that, BookWoman moved to 12th and Lamar, and since 2008 the store has been located at 5501 North Lamar.
As you remember your own rich herstory with BookWoman or as you start your sure-to-be-long relationship with the store, remember that where you spend your dollars does make a difference, so shop local!
1. Shop at BookWoman and tell your friends, neighbors, and family to shop here, too.
2. Give a BookWoman or BookSense gift certificate to your friends and to all of the women and girls in your life.
3. BookGroups, order your group selections from BookWoman.
4. Authors, invite us to sell books at your publication parties and speaking engagements.
5. Proclaim your individuality with t-shirts and jewelry from BookWoman.
MERCURY STARDUST IS COMING TO BOOKWOMAN! NOVEMBER 13TH!
IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR BOOK SIGNED BY MERCURY YOU MUST PURCHASE YOUR COPY THROUGH BOOKWOMAN AND PROVIDE PROOF OF PURCHASE AT THE EVENT.
One book = One ticket. We have limited capacity in the store and can’t accommodate for bringing buddies along.
***If you are ordering from out-of-town in TX and can’t make it to the signing, please let us know in the order notes, we will have a few signed bookplates we can send out after the event***