1. Transition trees into and out of your home. For 3-5 days put the tree into your garage or on a covered porch to help ease the transition.
2. Keep the tree inside your home for maximum of about 10 days for outdoor varieties.
3. Keep trees away from heater vents, and drafts to prevent over drying.
4. Use a saucer, pot without holes or plastic bag to hold water without harming decorations or gifts. Plants will need water, but don’t like sitting in standing water.
5. A tray of ice cubes can be used to slow water plants when dry.
6. Use led, or cool to the touch lights to prevent damage incandescent bulbs can cause.
7. Plant in the ground, or keep in a pot outdoors to bring in, in subsequent years!
You can call 512-672-9250 or go to Plance.org for more on their services which include residential, ranch, wildlife and community agriculture