Mandola’s Italian Restaurants have been pleasing Austin’s taste buds since 1912 with recipes that are passed down through generations. Owner and Chef Damian Mandola made Trenette Al Pesto in the studio. There are three Mandola’s locations in our area: Triangle (45th / Lamar / Guadalupe), Bee Cave (Bee Cave Rd / 620 / 71), and Arbor Trails (William Cannon / So. Mopac). For more information and to see their menu, go to MandolasMarket.com.
Trenette Al Pesto
- 2 oz. pesto sauce, room temperature
- 5 bundles trenette
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Drop trenette in salted boiling water and stir to separate. Cook 3½ minutes.
- When cooked, drain pasta leaving pasta a little wet.
- Add trenette to the bowl with the pesto sauce and toss with sauce.
- Sprinkle pine nuts over. Serve immediately.