Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9th, 2021! There’s still time to shop (and support local) with great ideas for mom.
Restaurant Options For Dine-In Or To-Go
- Brentwood Social House: The North Austin cafe has a breakfast-in-bed kit that includes scones, mimosas, tea, clotted cream, and more. The shop also has gifts like flowers and tea. Order online. (1601 West Koenig Lane, Brentwood)
- Cru: Both locations of the wine bar will have a three-course brunch available for dine-in or to-go (the to-go version is for two people). (238 West Second Street, Downtown; 11410 Century Oaks Terrace, Domain)
- Easy Tiger: Mother’s Day offerings will be available for pick-up or delivery May 8th-10th. Try lemon tarts, asparagus and Gruyere quiche, or the Mother’s Day Gift Pack. You can also send freshly-baked goods to mom’s house locally: just put her address in the recipient line, and the Easy Tiger team will take care of the rest! Order online here. (6406 N I-35 Frontage Rd Ste 1100, North Austin; 1501 E 7th St, East Austin; 3508 S Lamar Blvd Ste 200, South Lamar)
- Goodall’s Kitchen: The Southern restaurant inside Hotel Ella has two options for Mother’s Day: a morning brunch, with special dishes like orange blossom crème brûlée and free bubbles for moms, and an afternoon tea service. Reserve online for brunch or tea. (1900 Rio Grande Street, North Side)
- Intero: This Mother’s Day at Intero, all mothers will receive complimentary homemade chocolates. And for your main course, the zero-food-waste Italian restaurant is serving up sure-to-please seasonal specials like pasta, pizza, prime-cuts and more, all made with the freshest farm-to-table ingredients. Intero will also feature a specialty Mother’s Day cocktail to celebrate mom. For reservations, visit their website. (2612 E Cesar Chavez St Ste 105, Holly)
- Le Cowboy: The Italian pop-up is returning with family-sized portions of lasagna (vegetarian and meat options), fresh pasta kits, chocolate mousse, and more. Order online for pickup on Saturday, May 8. (1713 East 12th Street, Cherrywood)
- Suerte: Suerte has you covered with fresh Mexican cuisine made with local Texas ingredients perfect for brunch, dinner and everything in between. If you inherited Mom’s sweet tooth, treat the both of you to a few of Suerte’s homemade brunch pastries like empanadas, kolaches and other rotating favorites. Or if she’s more of a spicy gal, spice it up with a savory brunch favorite like chilaquiles. For dinner, one of Suerte’s rotating seasonal meal specials, paired with the perfect natty wine or tequila cocktail, is sure to delight. To make a reservation, visit Suerte online. (1800 E 6th St, East Cesar Chavez)
- Mom’s Night Out Candle Workshop: Furniture Mall of Texas is hosting a Mom’s Night Out Candle Workshop hosted by Blow Candle Co. The workshop is on May 6th from 6-8 p.m., with complimentary drinks by Drink Bev, snacks by Quezitos and shopping! 100% of ticket proceeds will be donated to Saint Louise House, a nonprofit organization dedicated to the success of women and their children moving from homelessness to healthy independent lives.
- Kendra Scott Mother’s Day Personal Time Off Fund: Kendra Scott knows that motherhood is a full-time job. That’s why, in the lead-up to Mental Health Awareness Month and Mother’s Day, the brand is announcing the ‘Kendra Scott Mother’s Day Personal Time Off Fund’ — which will provide $2,000 each to 50 moms across the country. Moms who want to apply to receive a $2,000 payment from the ‘Kendra Scott Mother’s Day PTO Fund’ can post a picture or video of themselves and their “real life mom” stories tagging @kendrascott and #WearItLikeaMom on Instagram through April 22, 2021.
Gifts For Mom
- Cookie Rich: Treat mom to a luxe dessert experience with local dessert shop Cookie Rich! Cookie Rich has just launched on Goldbelly, meaning you can ship to mom, even if she’s in another state. Make sure to use code “Studio512” for complimentary gold dust on local pick-up orders (trust us, the effect is amazing)! Place local orders on the Cookie Rich website; place national orders on Goldbelly. To watch a Studio 512 segment featuring Cookie Rick click here.
- Wow mom with flowers from The Flower Studio. Austin’s premiere full-service florist, The Flower Studio will be keeping their doors open on Sunday, May 9 beginning at 9AM. While grab-and-go arrangements and gardens will be available over the weekend, early ordering is encouraged. Give The Flower Studio team a call and they can help place your order over the phone. You may also shop their website, and stop by in-person to see a full selection of fresh flowers, plants, succulents, and gardens. For more information visit them at TheFlowerStudioAustin.com or give them a call at 512-236-0916. To see Plant Papi in action on Studio 512 and check out their 2021 Mother’s Day collection click here.
- Spoil mom with gorgeous jewelry from Laura Elizabeth‘s collection. Laura Elizabeth loves to design timeless jewelry that is also made ethically and sustainably, here in the US, by women for women. For more information visit LauraElizabethJewelry.com and as a treat Laura is offering buy 1 piece get any 2nd piece for 30% off with code “MAMA2021” now through Mother’s Day. To see Laura Elizabeth’s recent Studio 512 segment click here.
- Steph and Rosie spent a recent afternoon making a DIY floral bouquet on Zoom with kits and instruction from Petal+Eon . They wanted to share the idea as a great gift for mom and a way to get creative together! The flowers from Petal +Eon are eco-friendly and last for 2+ years. They require no water and you don’t need any previous experience in floral arranging to join in on the fun. Check out the segment here for more information.
- Want to give the kids a cute, easy and inexpensive DIY project to do for mom? Brad Booker of the Booker, Alex and Sara Show on MX 94.7 joined Steph to share his “DIY Dad” gift idea just in time for Mother’s Day. Booker is a father of two and he got a head start on Mother’s Day with a fun, inexpensive and useful craft that the kids can do, and Mom will love! For the full segment and instructions on this creative DIY project click here.
- If you’re looking for ways to help mom look and feel her best check out this segment from Alle Fister with Bollare. She shares gift ideas that are perfect for mom and will make shopping easy! To learn more, or to shop for mom check out Bollare.com.
- Light up mom’s life with small batch, organic candles, inspired by the seasons from 7th Street Candle Co. For more information or to order candles go to 7thStreetCandle.co and make sure to use code “candles512” at checkout for a 15% discount on your purchase now through Mother’s Day! To watch a Studio 512 segment featuring 7th Street Candle Co click here.
- Get the kids in the kitchen to make mom breakfast in bed with helpful tips from Ali Khan. Click here to learn how to elevate your avocado toast, get your kids cooking, and make the “mom-mosa” a one pour affair.
- Give mom the gift of rose’s that last all year long! Rose Box specializes in creating long-lasting arrangements with their specially preserved roses. Available both nation-wide and internationally in a range of shapes, colors and sizes, Rose Box allows you to curate an arrangement that fits your desired setting and occasion. With Mother’s Day fast approaching, Rose Box’s fragrant, zero-maintenance arrangements are a great alternative to a regular bouquet. Steph and Rosie ordered some for their sets and they love them. See if you can spot them on the show!
- Want to give mom a unique and affordable “upscale” gift? Check out the beautiful, handmade pieces from Properly Buttoned. Founder, Catherine Nicholson repurposes new and vintage luxury brand buttons into timeless jewelry. Steph has two necklaces that are made from repurposed Chanel pendants and they are amongst her favorite and most worn pieces. You can DM Catherine to come up with the perfect piece for mom or to treat yourself!
Happy Mother’s Day to all those hard-working, deserving moms across Central Texas and beyond! We appreciate you!