Have you been doing the quarantine trend of making things like bread from scratch at home? Something purely summer to try this weekend to top that bread: Homemade Strawberry Jam.
Here’s what you need:
- 2lbs fresh strawberries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Top and chop the strawberries (make sure you wash and dry your berries with a paper towel)
- Add fresh lemon juice (half of large lemon)
- Toss strawberries with sugar and macerate berries
- Once all ingredients are combined, transfer into a large saucepan and cook to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook on medium, medium high.
- Cook until mixture thickens up and foam is reduced. Lower your heat and stir constantly!
- Once mixture looks like jam, remove from heat, place jam in a sealed container and place in the fridge to help preserve.
And in honor of National Tequila Day, we have a summer margarita recipe that incorporates this homemade jam. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to make!
- 2 oz of your favorite Tequila of choice
- 1 oz of Cointreau
- 1 oz of Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Strawberry Jam (you can really use any jam)
- Fresh strawberries, for garnish
- rock salt, optional for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into jam jar with a salted rim (optional.)
- Garnish with a dollop of strawberry jam and a lime wheel.
Jam margaritas are sweet, delicious, and easy to customize with your favorite flavor of jam! Recipe inspired by Super Golden Bakes.