Steph’s Grilling Tips:
- Use Cold/Wet Hands To Form Burger Patties & Keep In The Fridge Until Ready To Grill
- Want Perfectly Shaped Patties? Use A Plastic Lid As Your Guide
- Don’t Add Salt To Burger Until Right Before It Hits The Grill-Helps To Keep The Burger Juicy
- Poke A Dimple In The Middle Of Your Burger To Ensure Even Cooking
- Don’t Press On Burger While Cooking And Only Flip Once
- Use A Meat Thermometer To Ensure Proper Temperature
What To Look For When Shopping For Meat?
Tip One: Always look for antibiotic-free meats.
Tip Two: Look for humanely raised meats from a second party certifier + choice grade or higher.
Tip Three: Be on the lookout for hand cut and trimmed in house. At Wheatsville Co-op, everything is done in-house. They hand cut and trim everything along with storing the meat in recyclable bags to ensure your meat stays fresh. They even have house made sausages and non GMO marinades to add a little extra flavor to your meat.
Studio 512 wants to see how you are spending your Memorial Day weekend! Email us at Studio512@KXAN.com, we’d love to hear from you!