Puja Mistry, a registered dietitian with H-E-B, chatted with Rosie about going “back to basics” when it comes to approaching the holidays. She says, It’s good to stay grounded with some simple/applicable nutrition tips. Keeping these in mind throughout our day-to-day, the upcoming holiday season, the continued pandemic – this can really provide some long-term gains.”
- Hydration – ideally water!
- Hydration plays a role in blood pressure, body temperature, and digestion
- You should consume half your body weight in ounces as an estimate of water intake
- Something to remember: fruits and vegetables can also be hydrating!
- Doesn’t need to be formal exercise – it can be any form of activity! – jump rope, walking, hula hoop, dancing
- Good for your body and mind
- Can help us sleep better at night
- Have a plan
- Think about where your meals are coming from
- Ask yourselves these questions – are most of my meals balanced? Do I plan to eat fruits/veg today? Do I have all these ingredients in my home?
- Don’t go at it alone – rely on your H-E-B Registered Dietitian team to help you come up with a plan!
H-E-B has locations throughout Austin and Central Texas. To find a store near you, and for more information, go to HEB.com.
Sponsored by H-E-B. Opinions expressed by the guest(s) on this program are solely those of the guest(s) and are not endorsed by this television station.