eBay’s authentication events are happening across the country will come to Austin on May 7 and 8.
- Addressing the enormous surge in popularity of collectible goods such as sneakers, luxury watches, and trading cards, eBay is hosting a Las Vegas event for local enthusiasts and collectors to have their most prized items authenticated and appraised.
- Guests will pull up to a drive-in authentication station and watch while third party authenticators evaluate their items, and will leave with an estimation of the item’s worth and the option to list their items on eBay.
- These events are taking place in Atlanta, Seattle, Las Vegas, Nashville and Austin.
- As the original marketplace for enthusiasts and collectors, eBay acts as one of the biggest “trading platforms” for these growing investment categories, and with the launch of Authenticity Guarantee, eBay has changed the way people buy and sell on the platform. Core to eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee offering are the third party independent experts that fully vet and verify items through comprehensive inspections.
How it works:
- Enthusiasts are invited to bring sneakers, watches and trading cards
- One item per collector can be authenticated/evaluated
- Collectors will drive up and pass their item to a staff member
- The item will be photographed and delivered to the third party category expert
- Collectors can watch their item go through the evaluation process on the screen in front of their cars and fuel up with a beverage and treats provided by eBay
- The item will be returned along with an estimated value based on current marketplace trends
- The event is free and appointments are not required
- Masks are required and social distance protocols are in place
You can learn more at eBay.com/buyauthentic.
Sponsored by eBay. Opinions expressed by the guest(s) on this program are solely those of the guest(s) and are not endorsed by this television station.