Happy National Drink Wine Day! You don’t have to be an expert to enjoy wine but today we brought in a pro to cover some valuable vino tips! Certified Sommelier Justin Sanders from Juliet Italian Kitchen joined us to a raise a glass … and our Wine IQ.
1) Serve wine at the proper temperature to get the most out of them.
2) Experiment with different varietals and be sure to ask your server/sommelier/wine attendant questions.
3) Shop at smaller local wine shops – Not only is local better but they typically have a better understanding of their product.
1) Don’t buy wine based on a pretty/cool/gimmicky label.
2) Don’t fill your glass too high.
3) Don’t think you need to know a lot about wine to appreciate it.
Juliet Italian Kitchen is located at 1500 Barton Springs. Give them a call at 512-479-1800 or check them out at Juliet-Austin.com.