Adeina Anderson of Creative Lifestyles With Adeina joined us to share some easy and budget friendly ways to turn your backyard into a Halloween Haven. Check out the segment above to see some of her creations come to life and check below for details on supplies and instructions.
Ghoulish Can Toss
- 10 Cans – you can use all the same size or different sizes, as long as they stack correctly
- Deco Art Paint – Orange, black, white, green,
- Wiggle eyes
- Hot glue gun
- 2 Paper towels
- Sponge brush
- 1 Sheet of black felt
- Black pipe cleaners
- Have fun with this. Paint the pumpkin cans orange.
- Paint the bats, cats, spiders, and Dracula black.
- Use the white paint for the mummy and ghost white.
- Paint the witch and Frankenstein green.
- Add wiggle eyes or paint eyes on the characters.
- Use the black felt to cut out cat ears, bat wings and a witch hat.
- To create the witch hat, cut a circle, bigger than the can, and take a square of the black felt to roll and create a withes hat. Glue the roll to the circle for the hat.
- Using the pipe cleaners, cut whiskers for the cat and legs for the spider.
- Paint the head of the witch and Frankenstein with black paint for hair.
- Stack the cans and use the whiffle balls to knock them down.
- 1 Large Styrofoam Pumpkin
- Steak knife, or something to cut the pumpkin
- 1 Sheet of red felt
- Plastic golf balls
- Cut a large hole for the mouth, this is what you will golf into.
- Create the eyes and the nose by cutting them out of the pumpkin.
- Make a tongue out of the felt.
- Place the felt tongue into the mouth of the pumpkin so it is hanging out.
- Put the golf ball into the mouth.
- Clear plastic gloves
- Halloween ribbon
- Open the glove and fill it with candy.
- Put the thinner candy in the finger spaces.
- Tie the top off with the Halloween ribbon.
Halloween T-Shirt Costume
- T-Shirts – orange, white, black, any color you have or want to buy
- Felt – black for pumpkin or ghost
- Hot glue or fabric paint
- Cut circles out of the black felt for the eyes and mouth of the pumpkin and the ghost.
- Hot glue or use the fabric glue to adhere the eyes and mouth to the T-shirt.
Witch Ring Toss
- Witches hat (Amazon)
- Card board or card stock
- Deco Art paint – orange and white
- Sponge brush
- Cut rings out of the card stock big enough to fit over the witches hat.
- Place the hats in a row or scattered out.
- Throw the rings and the one who gets the most rings around the hats wins.
- For more history on Memorial Day, I love the History channel and found this great article on their website https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/memorial-day-history