AUSTIN (KXAN) — After a few confusing days concerning Austin FC designated player Tomás Pochettino, the midfielder was cleared by Major League Soccer to play for the franchise.
The club announced on Wednesday afternoon that Pochettino is “available to play for all future competitions” four days after he was held out of Saturday’s win at Colorado for what Austin FC called “potential administrative issues.”
Head coach Josh Wolff said on Tuesday that Pochettino was training with the club and was hoping that he would be available for Saturday’s game at Minnesota. The 25-year-old Argentinian is one Austin FC’s two designated players along with Cecilio Dominguez and is expected to be a big part of their attack.
He started in Austin FC’s season opener against Los Angeles FC and played 70 minutes, registering one shot on goal on two total shots.
Austin FC’s next match will be against Minnesota United FC on the road Saturday at 7 p.m. The game will be televised locally in the Austin market on the CW Austin.
How to find the CW Austin
- AT&T U-Verse: Channel 1012 (HD) – Channel 12 (SD)
- DirecTV: Channel 54 (HD/SD)
- Dish Network: Channel 54 (HD/SD)
- Grande Communications: Channel 812 (HD) – Channel 12 (SD)
- Northland Cable: Channel 112 (HD) – 12 (SD)
- Over the Air: Channel 54
- Suddenlink: Channel 715 (HD) – Channel 12 (SD)
- Spectrum Cable: Channel 12 (HD/SD)