AUSTIN (KXAN) — It’s another night game at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium when the Longhorns take on the UTSA Roadrunners on Saturday.
While there’s not nearly the national media attention like last week against Alabama, there’s still plenty of things to do around the stadium before and after the game. There will also be special presentations during the game that ticket holders can see.
It’s the third consecutive home game for the Longhorns before they hit the road to Lubbock for the Big 12 opener next week.
The schedule provided by UT outlines when events before, during and after the big game begins.
- 7 a.m. – Parking lots open
- 2 p.m. – Bevo Boulevard, Smokey’s Midway and Hook ‘Em Hangout all open
- 3 p.m. – Still Austin Music Lounge and Tito’s Tailgate at Longhorn City Limits opens; Texas football pregame radio show begins at Gate 3 on Bevo Blvd.; Gate 8 box office opens
- 4 p.m. – Bevo parade starts (fans line up at south entrance on Bevo Blvd. by 3:45 p.m.); Jane Leo LIVe at Longhorn City Limits begins
- 4:30 p.m. – Stadium Stampede team arrival (fans line up at 4:15 p.m. at north entrance of Bevo Blvd.)
- 5 p.m. – Gates and hospitality areas open
- 5:30 p.m. – Misterwives Live at Longhorn City Limits begins; Texas soccer autograph session on Bevo Blvd.
- 6:30 p.m. – Bevo Blvd., Smokey’s Midway, Longhorn City Limits and Hook ’em Hangout close
- 7 p.m. – Kickoff vs. UTSA
- End of the 1st quarter – 2022 Texas Athletics Hall of Honor Class ceremony
- Halftime – Longhorn Band performs, UTSA band performs
- Postgame – Silent disco at Longhorn City Limits opens
Expect traffic — a lot of traffic — around the stadium and that area of campus Saturday evening and night. It’s best to just stay clear of the area if you’re not going to the game.
If you need to get to the game, we put together this handy guide for you that outlines ride-sharing and other transportation options to make your trip a little easier.