AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Parade of pitchers not a merry-go-round for Dodgers
- Wanna go for a walk? Westminster dog show leaves NYC for ’21
- World Series Notebook: Rays enjoying playing with fans again
- The Latest: Lowe hits 2 homers, Rays even World Series
- Dodgers, Rays draw record-low TV World Series audience
- Penn State coach Pat Chambers resigns after investigation
- Wright leads Villanova through COVID-19, early injuries
- A return to Sherwood for Tiger, Mickelson but few others
- Raiders send starting O-line home after Brown’s COVID test
- Stan Van Gundy agrees to become New Orleans Pelicans’ coach