AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Ukraine’s soccer restart disrupted by positive tests
- The Latest: No return yet for world champion Springboks
- 15 fit players enough for teams when EPL resumes in pandemic
- No rugby for world champion as South Africa maintains ban
- D-backs cut about quarter of staff with layoffs, furloughs
- Big 12 revenue distribution down only slightly amid pandemic
- Aldon Smith says he’s better man, seeks revival with Cowboys
- MLB teams cut hundreds with minor league season in doubt
- AP sources: No consensus yet on NBA return-to-play plan
- Power Five leagues ask Congress for athlete compensation law