AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Saso, Altomare lead LPGA’s Lotte Championship in Hawaii
- Curry’s 42, Green’s triple-double lead Warriors past Thunder
- Almost perfect: Rodón settles for no-hitter after HBP in 9th
- Longhorns extend win streak to 10 in a row with 6-5 win against Nevada
- White Sox LHP Rodón loses perfect game on HBP in 9th
- Embiid, 76ers top undermanned Nets 123-117 for 1st in East
- LEADING OFF: Jackie Robinson Day, Red Sox go for 10th in row
- Red Sox beat Twins 7-1 for twinbill sweep, 9th straight win
- 5 Astros land on injured list because of COVID-19 protocols
- Braves place LHP Fried, OF Pache on 10-day injured list