AUSTIN (KXAN) — Will we have to worry about our money when it comes to this November’s presidential election? Mickey Powell of Powell Financial Partners joins KXAN News Today to talk about new research.
Key points from the International Monetary Fund:
- Regardless of which party wins the White House, there is the potential for economic growth between 2017 and 2018
- Applies whether candidates choose tax cuts or more spending
- Candidates have a fiscal policy weapon up their sleeves:
- If there is an economic downturn, the multiplier is 1.8x
- If stimulus is in place during an economic expansionary period, multiplier effect is less but still .8x growth