BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WKRG) – Jerry Perkins and his wife Louise have been together for nearly 65 years. With the coronavirus threat this is the first time he hasn’t been able to have any sort of physical contact with her. Louise has been in an assisted living facility in Bay Minette for 1083 days.
On Monday Jerry and his daughter, Sandra, visited the facility and were only able to communicate with their loved one through a window. Jerry sang “You Are My Sunshine” to his 83-year-old wife, letting her know how much he loved her.
“Going in there to see and just to be a glass apart from us was very encouraging to us to be able to see her,” their daughter said.
- U.S. Marshals arrest 262 suspects, find 5 missing children in Oklahoma operation
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Scammers are exploiting this PayPal policy to rip off online shoppers, BBB says
- Organization rescues animals of all sizes from wildfires raging across the West Coast
- After 42 teens were exposed to COVID-19, one mom says her daughter’s peers are not in quarantine