VIDEO: Golden retriever stealing pancakes starts house fire

SOUTHWICK, Mass. (NBC News) — A dog stealing pancakes off of the stove started a fire in a Massachusetts home.

In a video posted on Southwick Fire’s Facebook page, a dog is shown trying to steal some pancakes on top of the stove and accidentally turns on the gas stove while the owners were not home.

A few minutes later, something ignites on the stove and smoke fills the room, triggering the fire alarm.

Two golden retrievers are then seen lounging on the couch while the stove becomes ablaze behind them.

Luckily, the alarm system alerted emergency responders who arrived at the house in time to contain the flames.

The fire department warned people with pets or young children to look into safety covers for their stove controls.For the full story visit

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Locked In Limbo

More Locked in Limbo

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

More Coronavirus Cases in Central Texas

Trending Stories

Don't Miss