Unattended candle causes northwest Austin apartment fire

News

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Firefighters are blaming an unattended candle for a fire that ripped through the Westwood Apartment Complex in northwest Austin on Mellow Meadow Drive Sunday morning.

Crews at the scene say the fire started in the first floor and then flames reached the balcony of the second floor apartment. Fire crews were able to put out the blaze within three minutes. They estimate that the fire caused around $130,000 worth of damages.

A total of six people from two different families were displaced in the fire, but the two families affected will be able to find a new apartment within the complex.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

A History of Mass Violence Investigation

More Texas Mass Violence

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

A History of Mass Violence Investigation

More Texas Mass Violence

Trending Stories

Don't Miss