AUSTIN (KXAN) — When the 53rd annual Trail of Lights opens its doors on Saturday, Dec. 9, the event will be even bigger and better than the year before. If you’ve been every year since its inception — except for 2010 and 2011 when the event didn’t happen — you know it’s always a great photo opportunity for the family.
Here’s everything you need to make sure your visit to Zilker Park is the best it can be.Dates/Times
- Starts Saturday, Dec. 9 and runs through Saturday, Dec. 23
- General admission gates open at 7 p.m. every evening. There will be a general admission fee of $3 (12 and older) on seven of the 14 nights of the event. Many of the weeknights are free.
- ZIP Fast Passes allow you early access at 6 p.m. Prices range from $15-$20 depending on the day.
How to Get There
- Shuttle: TOL shuttles will operate from two locations on Dec 9, 10, 15-17, and 19-23: Republic Square in downtown Austin (422 Guadalupe St., Austin 78701) and Toney Burger Event Center in south Austin (3200 Jones Rd, Austin, TX 78745). The shuttle costs $5 per person and includes general admission. First shuttle starts at 5:30 p.m.
- Parking on-site must be purchased in advance for $15 per vehicle. With a prepaid parking pass, you will be able to access our event parking with your pass anytime between 5:30 p.m. and when the event concludes at 10 p.m.
- Taxi drop off and pick up location will be at Barton Springs Road across from main entrance.
- Ride Hailing Apps: Drop off will be located by Austin High School. Attendees will need to take the pedestrian bridge under MoPac to Stratford Drive.
This year TOL organizers are asking attendees to bring a canned good to help the Central Texas Food Bank.