AUSTIN (KXAN) — There are multiple lane closures on major Austin roadways that will impact drivers for the next two weekends.
Nightly Lane Closures of East and Westbound SH 71
Multiple lane closures of the east and westbound lanes of SH 71 between Ross Road and U.S. 183 will last through June 5.
- Eastbound & westbound lanes – Friday – 8 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- Eastbound & westbound lanes – Saturday – 7 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- Eastbound & westbound lanes – Sunday – 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-35 and Slaughter Creek Overpass
The Texas Department of Transportation is closing I-35 at the Slaughter Creek overpass this weekend to tear down an old bridge and prepare to replace it using $9.2 million.
- Main lanes will be closed. Traffic will be detoured to the frontage roads in both directions at the 226 exit
- 11 p.m. until 10 a.m. Friday, June 10
- 11 p.m. until 10 a.m. Saturday, June 11
The overpass will be inaccessible for a year while the project is underway. The new bridge will be wider and include a south-to-northbound turnaround.