AUSTIN (KXAN) — If early voter turnout is any indication we’re expecting big numbers on this election day and that means long lines at the polls.
KXAN wanted to know which voting locations were the busiest during early voting so you can choose where to go and prepare for long lines today.
Here’s a list of the top 5 busiest early voting locations in Travis and Williamson counties according to election officials:
Travis County Early Voting Top Spots:
1. Randalls at Brodie/Slaughter 20,799 early voters
2. Randalls at Research/Braker 20,395 early voters
3. ACC Highland 17,041 early voters
4. Ben Hur Shrine Center 16,722 early voters
5. South Park Meadows Center 15,412
Williamson County Early Voting Top Spots
1. Brushy Creek Community Center 14,770 early voters
2. Cedar Park Randalls 14,237 early voters
3. Cedar Park Public Library 13,878 early voters
4. Randalls Round Rock 13,356 early voters
5. Leander Public Library 12,433 early voters
In the 30 largest counties in Texas, the secretary of state counts a record 4.8 million people voted early. In Travis County more than 47% of registered voters have already cast their ballott. Williamson county surpassed that with more than 48%.