AUSTIN (KXAN) — It’s been almost three decades for an Austin family seeking justice in the 1988 murder of their daughter.
Jury selection will begin today for Mark Norwood, charged with capital murder in the death of Debra Baker who was beaten to death in her home.
- Security guard injured in West Campus shooting: Three suspects are on the run after the shooting at UT’s Signma Chi fraternity house. A person was asked to leave and returned with a gun firing at the party.
- 3 found dead in Bastrop home: A 3-year-old along with his parents were found dead in the home after police responded to a disturbance call.
- Fight the flu: Central Texas schools offering free flu shots to keep kids in class and out of the doctor’s office.
- I-35 and MLK Jr. Blvd: If you thought the area around I-35 and Martin Luther King Boulevard was bad enough, it’s about to get worse before it gets better. There will be right-turn lane closures along MLK Jr. Boulevard at various times.
- Repaving on US 290: All the lanes will be repaved and restriped between Ranch to Market 165 and McGregor Lane.