WACO, Texas (FOX 44) — Cecily Aguilar pleaded guilty Tuesday afternoon to four lesser charges connected with the murder of U.S. Army Specialist Vanessa Guillén.

Aguilar appeared before Judge Jeffrey C. Manske at 1 p.m., where she admitted to being an accessory after the fact and making false statements to law enforcement.

Aguilar was the only person charged in the death of Guillén.

U.S. Army soldier Vanessa Guillén. (file/MGN photo)

Vanessa Guillén disappeared in April 2020, after meeting with Specialist Aaron Robinson in an arms room on Fort Hood. Guillén’s body was found in July 2020. Robinson later killed himself when confronted by authorities about Guillén’s disappearance.

Aguilar is accused of conspiring with Robinson to corruptly alter, destroy, mutilate and conceal evidence — including Guillén’s body — in order to prevent Robinson from being charged with and prosecuted for any crime.

Aguilar was facing 11 counts connected to the murder of Guillén. Those charges include tampering with documents and conspiracy to tamper with documents and proceedings.

She could get up to 20 years in federal prison for each count if she is convicted.

According to a report released in April 2021, investigators say Guillén was sexually harassed and reported it on two separate occasions, creating a hostile environment. They say Guillén’s leaders failed to take appropriate action and that the allegations were not moved up the chain of command.

Investigators also say Robinson did not harass Guillén, but that he did sexually harass another soldier between April 2019 to September 2019.

According to the report, the Acting Senior Commander of Fort Hood misjudged the significance of Spc. Guillén’s disappearance and he was overly reluctant to engage the media, misjudging how big of an event it would become.

By the time Fort Hood reversed course, the investigators say the post had lost the trust of the Guillén Family and damaged the trust, confidence and reputation of Fort Hood and the U.S. Army.