Texas man dies from vape pen explosion

Texas

FORT WORTH (KXAN) — A Fort Worth man died from his injuries last week following a vape pen (electronic cigarette) explosion that cut an artery in his neck, according to KXAS in Dallas.

William Eric Brown, 24, died from a stroke two days after his vape pen exploded near his mouth in a shopping center in Keller, TX.

Doctors were preparing for surgery to remove fragments of the pen from Brown’s head, but before the operation he suffered the massive stroke.

This is considered the second e-cigarette death in the last year.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

Locked In Limbo

More Locked in Limbo

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

More Coronavirus Cases in Central Texas

Trending Stories

Don't Miss