LIVE OAK, Texas (KXAN) -- Soon IKEA fans in Austin will have two options to shop. One will take almost an hour to get to and the other around 30 minutes, depending on where you live and traffic on Interstate 35.
The retailer plans to open its fifth store in Texas in Live Oak, just north of San Antonio, on Feb. 13, 2019. The Swedish company promises to have some type of promotion for shoppers that line up on opening day at 5 a.m.
The company still has plenty of positions to fill, including sales, customer service, and others.
The new IKEA store is being built at the southwest corner of I-35 and Loop 1604. If you're familiar with the company, you know it's going to be huge and feature its unique architectural design the company is known for.
“We are happy with the construction progress at the future Live Oak store, and are confident we will be ready to open our doors by February,” said store manager Diedre Goodchild.
IKEA opened its Round Rock location in 2006.
Supplies low for shelters helping...
Check your fridge: 12M pounds of raw...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Austinites Googled some surprising, some predictable things in 2018
- 12 for $1: Krispy Kreme celebrates 'Day of the Dozen' Wednesday
- City to host listening session on Shoal Creek Blvd. improvements
- AISD trustees mull austerity plan proposing shutting 12 schools