MARBLE FALLS, Texas (KXAN) — A popular riverside restaurant in Marble Falls, Texas, caught fire Thursday morning.
Emergency responders got a call at 8:23 a.m. reporting smoke in the kitchen of the River City Grille on 700 First St., according to Marble Falls Fire Rescue Chief Russell Sander. Firefighters went inside and saw more smoke coming from an exhaust vent. They eventually found the fire was behind one of the fryers.
Firefighters put it out but said the vent hood system and extinguishing system within that vent hood helped contain the fire to the cooking appliance area. Marble Falls Fire Rescue says the fire may have been caused by a gas leak to one of the lines for the fryer.
Only staff were there at the time and they all got out of the building OK. The building had minimal damage, although firefighters had to remove some smoke.
The River City Grille is currently closed for clean-up, and owner Paul Brady said he’s not sure how many days it will be before they reopen. He added that he wanted to thank all the first responders for their “excellent work.”
Marble Falls Fire Rescue, the Horseshoe Bay Fire Department, Marble Falls Volunteer Fire Department, Marble Falls area EMS and Marble Falls police all assisted.