Entrance fees at Padre Island National Seashore go up in June

Padre Island National Seashore_347266

If your summer plans include visiting Padre Island National Seashore, make sure you bring a few extra bucks since park fees are increasing as of June 1.

The park is now charging $10 for a 1-day vehicle pass, whereas it was previously $10 for a 7-day pass for one vehicle. The 7-day vehicle pass is now $20. 

For people walking and biking to the island, it’s $10 per person. Motorcyclists pay $15. 

In addition to the park entrance fee, if you want to access the Bird Island Basin Boat Ramp, Malaquite Campground or Bird Island Basin Campground, that’ll cost you extra.

According to the National Park Service, 80 percent of the park fees are used for Padre Island National Seashore, while the other 20 percent goes to improving the visitor experience at parks that don’t collect entrance fees. This is the park’s first rate increase in 20 years.

Have a comment? Leave it in the post below:

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

More Coronavirus Cases in Central Texas

Trending Stories

Don't Miss