NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (KXAN) - New Braunfels Police are investigating a deadly crash that took the life of one of the drivers Saturday morning. Authorities say they were called to the intersection of the southbound 35 Frontage Road at Rueckle Road at 10:40 a.m. after a cement mixing truck had crashed into a Mercedes.
According to police, the driver of the truck, a 38-year-old man, was heading south when he crashed into the Mercedes on the driver's side door. The driver of the truck was not hurt. The driver of the Mercedes, Carroll Dean Shelton, 83, was taken to a hospital in San Antonio where he later died.
A portion of the southbound I-35 frontage road was partially closed while the NBPD Traffic Unit conducted an accident scene reconstruction.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- After 45 years, locally owned family business passes to new owner
- Ex-Baylor student can graduate from Dallas-area university
- Texans hopeful new Apple campus will bring jobs, hire local graduates
- Post-Harvey report outlines steps to prepare Texas for future storms