AUSTIN (KXAN) — The South by Southwest Interactive Festival is kicking off on Friday.
Perhaps the most anticipated event is President Obama’s appearance at a Keynote Conversation. He will be talking with Evan Smith, CEO and Editor in Chief of the Texas Tribune.
- Casey Gerald, co-founder and CEO of MBA’s Across America, is delivering the opening keynote. He heads a national movement of MBA’s and entrepreneurs working together to revitalize America. He speaks Friday at 2 p.m.
- Dr. Brene Brown will keynote on Saturday at 2 p.m. She is the founder and CEO of COURAGEworks. The startup offers courses based on her research into vulnerability, courage, shame, and worthiness.
- Sunday’s keynoters are discussing diversity and gender bias in the tech industry. Michele Madansky and Trae Vassalo co-authored a report on the topic.
- Kevin Plank, CEO of Under Armour, will keynote on Monday.
- The final keynoter is Andy Puddicombe. The entrepreneur’s speech is titled “We all need to get a little head space”.