Kim Eagle of Earn That Body joined Studio 512 to set achievable goals for 2022 in health and fitness: she says that 80% of new year’s resolutions fail by the second week of February!
In order to break goals down into manageable steps, Kim does 5 things:
- Ease Back. This is a great first step, because it doesn’t totally change your approach! Start to ease back, or make small changes, because they’ll get to into better habits in the long run.
- More is not necessarily better. Don’t go full-throttle, right out of the gate! Even the most seasoned athletes still need at least one rest day per week. If you got from 0 to 7, you’re going to wear yourself out (and set yourself up for potential injury).
- Make a plan: how many hard days vs. easy days do you plan to do?
- Set a workout goal. This doesn’t have to be tied to the scale. What do you want your body to be able to achieve?
- Write that goal down! Putting pen to paper is a huge step and can solidify your resolve.
Kim wants people to have healthy, sustainable weight loss. Sign up for 5 weeks of virtual tutorials that will help you get stronger and more fit. The 5 Week Earn That Body Program that includes personalized nutrition and a full workout program! To learn more about Kim’s services, check out her website. You can also give her a follow on social media, @EarnThatBody, for inspiration.