AUSTIN (KXAN) — One person was displaced Wednesday morning after an overnight house fire in northwest Austin, according to the Austin Fire Department.
The fire was reported around midnight at a home at 5804 Tributary Ridge Drive. Everyone was able to make it out safely before firefighters arrived.
By 2 a.m. officials had the fire knocked out. They said the cause was accidental and sparked when a heat source was placed too close to combustible materials.
The fire started in the garage and quickly spread to the attic causing about $60,000 of structural damage and about $40,000 worth of damage to contents in the home, officials say.