VIDEO: E-cigarette explodes in man’s pocket

National News

ANAHEIM, Calif. (NBC News) — Security cameras captured the moment an e-cigarette exploded inside a man’s pants pocket, severely burning his leg.

Mohamad Abdihdy was doing measurements on a television in the back storage room of a television warehouse when the device exploded.

Abdihdy says he felt a shock, and the next thing he knew his leg was burning.

“We turn around and all we see if smoke and something caught on fire,” HDTV Outlet manager Antelmolare Guzman recalled. “The gentleman, he is running out to the front of the office, and he is screaming and yelling. Apparently, all of his right leg was completely burnt all the way down.”

Asked if he’ll continue to smoke e-cigarettes, Abdihdy responded, “I’m going back to hookah.”

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Locked In Limbo

More Locked in Limbo

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

More Coronavirus Cases in Central Texas

Trending Stories

Don't Miss