ISLE OF PALMS, S.C. (WCBD) — Ten-year-old Trey de Boer and his family visit South Carolina’s Isle of Palms from Chicago every year, but this year’s trip will be unforgettable.
“It was a total shock that I got bit by a shark,” Trey said.
Trey said on Monday, he was about waist deep in the ocean boogie boarding while his family was a few yards away.
“I had just caught a wave, so I got off my boogie board and had a small pinch at my foot. I thought it was just a crab, so I kicked it a little bit, and then it kept chomping two or three times,” he said.
Then, Trey said he saw the fin.
“I kicked it off, and I saw the dorsal fin and the tail. So, I yelled for help,” Trey said.