AUSTIN (KXAN) — Staff is being let back into the Travis County Courthouse after it was evacuated Monday morning due to reports of a possible gas leak.
At 7:20 a.m., Austin fire crews tweeted that they are investigating the possible gas leak at the courthouse located at 1000 Guadalupe Street.
By 8 a.m., crews cleared the scene and staff were allowed back in the building. “We will be resuming normal operations/ opening our office to the public as soon as possible,” officials with the County Clerk’s Office tweeted.
KXAN Photojournalist Julie Karam contributed to this story.