LAKEWAY, Texas (KXAN) — A Lakeway mom who began baking cookies after her son endured heart disease won a major prize Wednesday from Texas’ largest grocery store chain.
According to the H-E-B site about her entry, Cameron’s son was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease when he was five.
The CDC said Kawasaki disease is a leading cause of acquired heart disease in the United States that primarily affects children younger than 5 years of age. Serious complications include coronary artery dilatations and aneurysms.
After returning home from Texas Children’s Hospital, H-E-B said Cameron’s son only wanted to “bake cookies with mommy.”
Cameron has a store in Lakeway with 14 flavors baked onsite. Her frozen cookie dough line has four flavors: M&M-Hank, ChocolateChip-CharlieCash, Triple Chocolate-Cashley, Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip-Gluten Free CharlieCash.
H-E-B said the dough is pre-portioned and can go from the freezer to the oven, baking eight cookies in 15 minutes.
Here are the winners of the contest:
- Grand Prize ($25,000): Annie Leal, I Love Chamoy (McAllen)
- First Place ($20,000): Ashley Cameron, Love & Cookies (Lakeway)
- Second Place ($15,000): Karim & Mansour Arem, ZWITA (Houston)
- Third Place ($10,000): Burnett Ranches LLC, Four Sixes Ranch (Guthrie)
- Third Place ($10,000): Brent & Juan Reaves, Smokey John’s (Dallas)