AUSTIN (KXAN) — An Austin church has thousands of dollars worth of damage after a fire Sunday morning.
Firefighters responded to Milwood Baptist Church at 12217 Cassady Dr. just after 8 a.m. The church is west of Mopac approaching Parmer Lane.
A spokesperson with the department said the fire started on the third floor of the church in the HVAC closet and was caused by a malfunction. No one was injured.
The cost of damage is estimated at $50,000 for the structure and $20,000 in contents.
Church services were delayed and it’s unknown if they were actually able to hold them.