Person taken to hospital after kitchen fire in south Austin

Local

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin firefighters rescued a person living in a south Austin apartment after a kitchen fire Friday morning. The Austin Fire Department was called to the Lantana Ridge Apartments, located at 6630 W. William Cannon Drive, between Southwest Parkway and U.S. 290.

The Austin Fire Department said via Twitter crews found a person who was unconscious, but paramedics were able to help them regain consciousness. In an update at 1:32 a.m., AFD said the cause of the fire was “unattended cooking” and people living in the surrounding apartments have to move out of their units temporarily due to water damage.

Austin-Travis County EMS took the person to South Austin Medical Center. Paramedics say they are expected to survive.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

Tracking the Coronavirus

Coronavirus Cases Tracker

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

Trending Stories

Don't Miss