AUSTIN (KXAN) — An Austin man died while in custody of police following a fight with officers and the subsequent use of a stun gun by those officers on Tuesday, according to APD.

Police were responding to an urgent trespass call in south Austin at the 800 block of West Slaughter Lane. The caller told APD the father to her children, a 41-year-old man, was acting strangely and refusing to leave the area. The man had been issued a criminal trespassing earlier in March which prohibits a person from returning to the property for a year, police say.

As officers attempted to place the man under arrest for violating the trespassing order, he fought and refused to comply with police. Officers used a stun gun on the man to take him into custody, according to APD.

Once in handcuffs, the man experienced a medical emergency. Austin-Travis County EMS were already on scene and attempted life-saving measures, but were unsuccessful. The man died a short time later at a local hospital, APD reports.

The officers, with two and four years of experience, have been placed on administrative duty as APD reviews the incident. APD Internal Affairs and APD Special Investigations, along with the Travis County District Attorney’s Office, will each conduct a review of the officers actions with input from the City’s Office of Police Oversight.

The man’s daughter spoke with KXAN and said in a statement, “We want justice served for my father. He was a loving man. A husband, father, friend and grandpa.” The statement went on to say that her father did not deserve to die the way he did.

The man’s daughter says she was given a different story than what police have released. She claims police told her on the scene Tuesday that after officers tased him, paramedics gave him a shot to sedate him. She says she was told that after that, her father died on the way to a hospital.

The man’s daughter says she is awaiting autopsy results.

She also says her father was married to the 911 caller and had been given permission to be in her residence, despite the prior criminal trespassing charge. The man’s daughter also tells KXAN her father was not armed with any type of weapon when the officers used force on him.