Residents return to their homes after San Marcos gas leak repaired

Local
FILE FIRE TRUCK LIGHTS

SAN MARCOS, Texas (KXAN) — Residents in San Marcos have returned home after being evacuated due to a gas leak Friday morning.

According to the city, the gas leak happened near the intersection of Roosevelt Street and Churchill Street. It allegedly resulted from construction activity in the area.

Four nearby houses were evacuated as a precaution while crews worked to repair the leak. As of 11:53 a.m. the leak was repaired and residents were allowed to return to their homes.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

Tracking the Coronavirus

Coronavirus Cases Tracker

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

More Coronavirus Live Blogs

Trending Stories

Don't Miss