KYLE, Texas (KXAN) — A gas leak in Kyle caused nearby residents to be voluntarily evacuated Friday afternoon. By 4:40 p.m., the leak was stopped.
The City of Kyle said a construction company hit a six-inch commercial gas line on Schlemmer Street just east of Burleson Street. The city said 12 to 14 homes were “voluntarily evacuated,” and Schlemmer was closed for about 1.5 blocks east of Burleson.
Crews with the Kyle Fire and Police Departments responded to the leak, and CenterPoint Energy was also there, the city said.
The city had advised people to stay away from the area, but as of 4:40 p.m., the leak was stopped, according to Kyle Fire. It is now safe to return home for those residents.