BASTROP, Texas (KXAN) — The City of Bastrop said a residential gas leak has led to evacuations after a construction contractor struck a gas line while working.
The city said a residential gas line was hit near the Wilson Street and Beech Street intersection, and traffic on Wilson Street was being rerouted between Farm Street and Buttonwood Street.
According to a statement, the Bastrop Fire Department arrived, and eight residents have been evacuated as of 11:15 a.m. The city said the evacuations were ordered as a precaution, and there were no reported injuries.
The city said CenterPoint Energy was at the site and working to isolate the leak. Repairs were estimated to take two hours, according to the 12:10 p.m. update from the city.