AUSTIN (KXAN) — July 24 is National Tequila Day in the U.S. and even though Austin has a wealth of Mexican restaurants to find tequila every day of the year, here are a few spots with special events happening today.
- Chuy’s — All locations. Specials include $1 floaters (add an extra pour of any tequila to any margarita) and $1 off Chuy’s Frozen Patrón Pineapple Rita
- Native Hostel — 807 E. Fourth St. All-day specials: $6 Native Margarita and frozen grapefruit margarita, $5 Milagro Blanco and $30 margarita pitchers
- Güero’s Taco Bar — The restaurant will feature The Vida Rita (a collaboration with Dulce Vida Tequila) all night, in addition to live performances and giveaways.
- La Mancha Tex-Mex Tavern — $6 Casamigos margaritas from 3-6 p.m., in addition to other regular specials
- Trudy’s Tex-Mex — $2 house margaritas and $7 house Mexican martinis all day
- Manuel’s Mexican Restaurants — $2 off tequila drinks from 4-6 p.m., plus $3 off their 310 Margarita or $2 off fresh watermelon and cucumber lime Mexican martinis
Cheers! And drink responsibly, Austin!