AUSTIN (KXAN) — Mother’s Day is fast approaching and so is the deadline for finding your mother the right gift — so digital savings website RetailMeNot surveyed mothers (and those shopping for them) to figure out what moms want and what their children plan to get them.
According to RetailMeNot’s survey, 80 percent of those surveyed plan to purchase Mother’s Day presents this year, which is slightly more than last year. The average amount people expect to spend on gifts is $103 — about $15 more than in 2018.
Of those surveyed, 55 percent of people planned to buy flowers for their mom — a higher number from 2018’s 47 percent. Twenty-nine percent of shoppers plan to buy some sort of beauty gift for their moms.
According to mothers:
- 41 percent say they want a day with their families
- 35 percent want a nice dinner
- 26 percent want flowers
- 25 percent want a gift card
- 17 percent want a nice card
- 16 percent want chocolate
- 10 percent want a vacation
- 10 percent want clothes
- 9 percent want a day to themselves
- 7 percent want breakfast in bed
- 4 percent want alcohol