AUSTIN (KXAN) — A water supply line break at the Independent in downtown Austin Sunday caused water to pour down the side of the building from the 23rd floor.
A tweet from the Austin Fire Department said several floors were flooded, and a spokesman said firefighters knew of water reports from the 23rd to the 18th floors.
Water from the three-inch line also caused shorts in some electrical outlets, so AFD was working with the building engineer and maintenance to shut down electricity on the floors affected. At last check, only one floor had their electricity shut off.
An AFD spokesman also said the water was running for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Firefighters responded to reports of a possible fire, but when they arrived, they had not seen any visible smoke or flames.
AFD will be assisting with water removal.