AUSTIN (KXAN) — You can’t have Austin without all of the delicious tacos it has to offer, and teams went head-to-head at a chance to be named the regional “Top Taco” on Saturday.
Teams competes in five main categories, beef, chicken, pork, fish and veggie. They’re judged by over 40 judges where they blind score based on the Taco Society Rules and Regulations.
Here are the winners:
- First Place Overall Grand Champion: Torchy’s Tacos
- Second Place Grand Champion Reserve- Serranos Restaurant
- First Place Chicken- Serranos Restaurant
- First Place Pork: Eldorado Cafe
- First Place Beef: T-Loc’s Sonoran Style Hot Dogs
- First Place Seafood: Torchy’s Tacos
- First Place Veggie: Serranos Restaurant
The winner goes to the $100,000 Grand Championship in Las Vegas.