(NEXSTAR) – Chick-fil-A just couldn’t quit you, Spicy Chicken Biscuit.
After taking it off the nationwide menu in 2016, Chick-fil-A is rekindling its fiery romance with the Spicy Chicken Biscuit breakfast sandwich, the chain recently confirmed.
The sandwich, consisting of a spice-infused breaded chicken breast on a buttermilk biscuit, was removed from the Chick-fil-A breakfast menu six years ago to “make way” for newer items — namely, the Egg White Grill and the Frosted Coffee, Chick-fil-A wrote on its website. Individual restaurants were allowed to keep Spicy Chicken Biscuit on the menu if they wanted, but most operators did away with the sandwich over the last six years.
“Ever since, passionate customers have been lamenting the loss of their favorite biscuit,” Chick-fil-A claimed.
As of this month, however, Chick-fil-A announced that the Spicy Chicken Biscuit has returned at more than 1,100 locations throughout the country. It’s still absent from the online breakfast menu, though.
A representative for Chick-fil-A directed customers to the Chick-fil-A app to check for local availability during breakfast.
In Austin, KXAN found the spicy chicken biscuit on the menu at some area locations, including:
- 6th & Congress In-Line (600 Congress Ave. Ste. C150)
- Martin Luther King Drive-Thru Only (503 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.)
- South MoPac at US Highway 290 West (5033-D US 290 West)
- Southpark Meadows (161 W. Slaughter Ln. Ste. M)
- Braker Lane (10901 Research Blvd. Svrd. NB)
- Village at Westlake (701 S. Capital of Texas Highway Ste. L400)
- North MoPac & Parmer Lane (12501 N. MoPac Expy.)
- I-35/Parmer Lane (12901 I-35 N Service Road Bldg. 14)
- Cedar Park (1325 E. Whitestone Blvd.)
- Hutto (200 Ed Schmidt Blvd.)
- I-35 at Wonder World Drive – San Marcos (2213 S. Interstate 35)
In addition to Chick-fil-A’s breakfast announcement, the chain recently announced the addition of a new Cloudberry Sunjoy beverage, consisting of lemonade, iced tea, and “cloudberry and cherry blossom flavors.”