Pickle Elementary School evacuated due to smoke from dust on space heater

Austin

Pickle Elementary School

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin Fire responded to an elementary school Thursday morning to find a “smoky scene in a classroom.”

A fire call went out for the school, located at 1101 Wheatley Ave., at 7:53 a.m. Thursday.

Firefighters who responded to the scene determined the odor was caused by dust burning off a space heater.

Kids were allowed back in the school when Austin Fire cleared the scene around 8:20 a.m.

An AISD spokesperson said the school is resuming normal operations.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

Trending Stories

Don't Miss