AUSTIN (KXAN) — The summer months of June, July and August are historically the busiest time of year at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, and with new carriers and more flights, summer 2019 is expected to set passenger travel records.
ABIA advises that travelers should Passengers should arrive in the terminal at least two hours before departures during the peak times of 5–8 a.m., 11 a.m.–1 p.m. and 3:30–5:30 p.m. For all other times, travelers are advised to arrive 90 minutes before their departure time.
Be prepared with these travel resources:
- Check flight status with airline or here.
- Factor highway construction around the airport, roadway traffic and weather into drive times. Highway conditions here.
- Check airport parking here.
- Packing and passenger screening here.
Security screening tips
Be prepared for security screening—dress and pack smart! By following these tips travelers can guarantee a smooth security screening process:
- Firearms are prohibited at passenger screening checkpoints and possession of them will result in arrest
- While packing, check luggage to ensure no prohibited items are in the bag or its pockets. For a comprehensive list of banned and permitted items in carry-on baggage, visit the TSA’s website at www.tsa.gov
- Carry-on luggage is restricted to one bag and one personal item such as a laptop, purse or backpack
- Pour it out. Bottles containing liquids do not get recycled. Passengers can easily pour out the liquids from bottles at the “Pour It Out” receptacle at checkpoint entries, making the bottles ideal for recycling
- Remember 3-1-1 for liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on luggage. Three ounces per container, in a clear, one-quart bag, one per passenger and place this in a bin for X-ray
- TSA’s Pre-Check is available at Checkpoints 1 and 2. To enroll, visit www.tsa.gov
- Coats, jackets, hats, other such outer garments and shoes must be put through X-ray screening
- The first passenger-screening checkpoint opens at 3:30 a.m. and all gates in the Barbara Jordan Terminal are accessible via any of the three security checkpoints:
- Checkpoint 1 is on the east end of ticketing, and enters the concourse at Gate 14
- Checkpoint 2 is located in the center of the terminal, and enters the concourse at Gate 20
- Checkpoint 3 is on the west end of ticketing, past the ticket counters and enters the concourse at Gate 24.
For more information Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, click here.