AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Many residents in the Cedar Park area lost power overnight and into the early Saturday morning hours due to a main outage.
Pedernales Electric Company customers in two Cedar Park District neighborhoods lost power starting at around 1:43 a.m. Just over 1,700 customers' meters were affected by the incident, and the number gradually reduced as crews worked to restore power in the area overnight into the morning.
The outage was caused by faulty underground circuit equipment, according to PEC officials. The unit will be replaced next week, but as of 8:00 a.m., power was restored to all who were affected.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Martindale couple drowns in high water in Caldwell County
- Officials: CapMetro bus rear-ended by sleepy driver on I-35
- Storm dumps more than 10 inches of snow in parts of Texas
- Cold start Monday, followed by a pleasant warm up ahead